Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fall is here

Yup, Labor day just passed and as I woke up this morning it was as if someone just threw a switch, and "bang" fall is upon us. Some observations that I noticed this morning that were tell tale signs of the changing of the seasons.

1. I was freezing cold this morning when I woke up, last night was the last night that my fan will be in my window on high.

2. The hot shower felt ever so refreshing but getting out onto the cold tiles was a real bitch.

3. The temp control in my car that has been lodged as far left as possible in the "blue section", was adjusted today a little to the right, ever closer to the "red section".

4. Iced coffee is a thing of the past, hot coffee from here on out.

Some things on a larger scale indicating that fall is here to stay.

5. The Patriots have their first game on Thursday (Party at our house).

6. Sam Adams Summer has been replaced by Sam Adams Octobterfest.

7. The wild card chase is getting tight (Go Tribe!)

I'll miss summer and the excursions to anywhere that was near water, but we live in new england cause we like all of the seasons. NFL, playoff baseball, Gordon soccer/lax, and of course pete's favorite, foliage, are just a few of the good reasons to welcome Fall.

4 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Latimer said...

Cheers to that. Im a big fan of fall. Long walks under early fall foliage are just grand. Plus, this means the OC is about to return.

I was thinking the same thing this morning though. There was a dew on my car and the temperature read 57.... It will be snowing by next week.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger JNeff said...

"getting married in 34 days"....that's a whole post

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Latimer said...

"getting married in 24 hours" Not if I have anything to say about it.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Latimer said...

Spoon, bank on us coming down in November or January, or one of the other months. But we are making it down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home