Friday, March 24, 2006

Disrespect




So I'm taking the train home this evening and reading the boston herald to kill some time on my commute home. After I finished browsing through the pape, one story caught my eye. It was story of a green beret that had been inserted into afghinstan 1 month after 9/11. He was 32 and had lost his life fighting for us, and was one of the first casualties in this current war we wage. His hometown in NH had dedicated a bikeway to him and recently some "punks" had defaced this memorial with graffitti. This story disturbed me as I pondered the disrepect of a fallen soldier. A number of high school kids behind me must of read the same story because they started poking fun at this soldier and his mourning family. I legitmately felt sick to my stomach as this continued. As I got up to exit the train at my stop, the man next me stood up and turned to the kids and said, "my brother had his legs blown off in vietnam and died soon after, you should becareful of what you say". As we got of the train I turned to the man, and apoligized for the behavior and told him that I was sorry for his lose. He broke into tears. Whether you support this war or not, these are our fellow brethen who are fighting it. Respect and honour them.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Latimer said...

looks like a drunken emotional post to me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home