Friday, April 01, 2005

Whose hero is he?

On Monday Johnny Damon will release his new book called, ``Idiot: Beating The Curse and Enjoying the Game of Life.'' At that time it will be revealed that he is a true scumbag not an idiot. Some of the reading will include Damon telling his wife that he does not love her anymore, and I quote, "just to push her buttons a little bit, I told her that I was with three woman this past weekend." Damon will also go on to tell about how being a good looking baseball player attracts many many woman and that at one point he had to get another cell phone to handle all the calls. Is he considered a role model? He has broken up a family with beautiful twins to lead a life of womanizing. Damon tries to blame his breakup on his wife, saying that she pushed him to do it because of her nagging. If every married man cheated on his wife because of nagging there would be no more marriages. He does admit in the book that he cheated on his wife. After he was traded to the A's he moved out west while she stayed back in Orlando, Fl. Damon goes on to say, "I spent a lot of time in Phoenix during spring training, there were girls there, I decided there no longer was any reason not to go out and have some fun. I figured Angie no longer wanted to be with me, so why not? Rightly or wrongly, I figured I'll just have me a good time." By revealing all of this in his new book Damon is hurting his own image and more importantly he is hurting his ex-wife and his own kids. Damon is a great baseball player, but he is no role model and someone I will never look up to.

By the way the Yankees will win 5-3 Sunday.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Latimer said...

Agreed, Damon is a douchebag.

I decided that as I was walking down Newburry st. yesterday and saw a poster advertising his new book and the signing at barnes and nobles today. Who the hell does he think he is releasing a book? He's an athlete, who the hell buys this stuff. Why do we care what he thinks? I bet its the most boring book ever..... Arghhhh

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullroy,

who do you think we should look up to Jason Giambi, a noted cheater of the game, he cheated the game to become better. He told millions of kids that if you take steroids and such that you will be better and that is the only way to do it. Also he only admitted to it after he was caught. If he did not have to go to court we would never have known. At least Damon came out on his own like a real man. All you Yankees fans think alike, with your heads up your asses.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Latimer said...

they all do roids.....

and "whose" is definetly not a word

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger JNeff said...

I agree that his releasing of this book is stupid. I don't understand why anyone would want to air their dirty laundry for everyone to read. I don't think he needs the money or the fame in my opinion, so I don't know his motivation. I won't buy the book and I don't really care about the content.

On another note...you can say that you saw it here first. Bullroy's post is from the new yankee fan now that the Sox have won the WS. They no longer have 1918, the curse, or "we always win". So now they are feebably grasping for something, anything to critize the red sox for, even if that is NON baseball related material. I dunno, but let's try to keep the rivalry on the field. Let's debate ERA, RBI's, and HR's... not stupid books.

Also what site did you copy and paste this story from? Just post the link next time.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Latimer said...

How about that tribe!?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger JNeff said...

I was saying let's keep it baseball related. Taking steroids to improve your performance on the playing field IS baseball related.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home